The objective of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy is to provide clients with the skills they need to reach the highest possible level of functionality and autonomy. Under the direct supervision of a BCBA, the RBT will implement individualized Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) in order to increase socially acceptable behaviors while minimizing the presentation of inappropriate and destructive behaviors. Most RBTs will be working in the student’s classroom and/or in their home. Island Therapy Solutions provides new hires with the tools and training needed to procure their certification as a Registered Behavioral Technician.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Education, Counseling or a related field but will consider other applicants with appropriate experience
- Works well with children
- Dependable transportation
- Professional, effective, and appropriate communication with supervisor, teachers, parents, and other treatment providers
- Reliable, organized, able to multitask, and attend to detail
- Obtain and maintain Registered Behavior Technician, CPR, First Aid and Safety Care certifications (provided by ITS)
- Provide direct support and instruction to clients
- Accurately implement BIPs and behavior management strategies
- Track client progress through data collection, progress notes, and analysis
- Complete quarterly progress reports
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Call us at 340.719.7007 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about positions.