The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is a graduate-level certification in behavior analysis. Professionals who are certified at the BCBA level are independent practitioners who provide behavior-analytic services. In addition, BCBAs supervise the work of Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts, Registered Behavior Technicians, and others who implement behavior-analytic interventions.
An Island Therapy Solutions BCBA must possess a minimum of a graduate degree (e.g., master’s or doctoral) in an acceptable field of study from a qualifying accredited institution. Acceptable fields of study include behavior analysis, education, or psychology. They must also have completed coursework from a qualifying accredited institution and cover the required content as outlined by the BACB. Additionally, an employee in this position must have experience that fully complies with all of the current standards as set forth by the BACB. To be eligible for this position, the employee must also have completed and passed the BCBA Exam prior to being hired.
- Maintain a caseload of clients and provide the following services:
- Perform intake and observations
- Administer appropriate assessments (e.g. Vineland, VB-MAPP and ABLLS)
- Develop treatment and assessment plans
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments
- Develop Behavior Intervention Plans
- Develop, in collaboration with RBT, all client program materials
- Perform semi-annual progress reports and meetings with parents
- Attend all necessary/pertinent meetings related to each client
- Work a minimum of 20 billable hours on the above tasks per week
- Perform intake and observations
- Supervise a team of Registered Behavioral Technicians meeting with them regularly to provide support and training in all areas of the ABA Program including client programming.
- Perform competency evaluations and supervision following the completion of RBT training modules for all RBT new hires typically within a month of training RBT and provide further training as needed.
- Do 90 day and annual employee performance reviews in conjunction with HR. Take appropriate action to correct poor employee performance and document the issue and action taken in coordination with HR.
- Collaborate with a team of lead therapists by meeting regularly and discussing the program and assisting with resolution of any programmatic or staff issues.
- Collaborate with Island Therapy Solutions Executive Director, Clinical Director and other key ABA program members to help to lead the ABA program in a direction that will best meet the needs of the territory.
- Provide supervision to any RBTs that may be pursuing advanced credentialing such as a BCBA or BCaBA.
- Perform training and/or consultation with outside sources as necessary.
- Collaborate with other providers (OT, SLP, etc.) on a regular basis to support client progress.
- Demonstrate effective communication of treatment progress, obstacles to service delivery, and service delivery guidelines to relevant team members.
- Implement program changes as decided upon in team meetings.
- Receive, respond to, and offer feedback in a professional manner.
- Manage and maintain schedule utilizing Central Reach, meet deadlines, and manage their time effectively.
- Maintain all certifications and trainings necessary to provide services (including but not limited to: Safety Care, CPR, First Aid, HIPAA training).
- Participate in on-going professional development in order to promote competency and stay up-to-date on the latest treatment approaches.
- Adhere to the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts, published by the BACB.
- Complete progress notes in Central Reach immediately following provided services and in no event longer than 72 hours of providing services or in accordance with department policies then in effect.
- Maintain BCBA credentialing through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board while employed at Island Therapy Solutions. It is the responsibility of the BCBA to complete the requirements and maintain certification. Loss of certification could result in loss of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Full Benefit package including medical insurance, paid time off and air evacuation
$1000 CEU reimbursement/year
Call us at 340.719.7007 or send resume to email@example.com to inquire about positions.