Island Therapy Solutions (ITS) is committed to the optimal mental wellness of individuals, families, and our community through compassionate treatment, support, and empowering people to be in charge of their mental health.
We envision a society where mental health is valued, promoted, and encouraged, and services are accessible and attainable. The Island Therapy Solutions team is here to help you through your mental health and wellness journey. ITS touches the lives of hundreds of clients each year by:
- Delivering a wide variety of programs and services to support individuals, families, and the community impacted by mental illness and trauma in ways that help them move towards recovery.
- Educating the public about mental health and mental illness working to eliminate stigma, labels, and prejudice.
- Promoting mental health and well-being for all individuals through education and training.
- Responding to the needs of and engaging with the community.
Island Therapy Solutions is a multi-dimensional practice that focuses on mental health wellness, including psychological and developmental services. We offer:
- Therapy & counseling for individuals, families, groups, and couples
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Psychiatric services
- Competency Evaluations
- Crisis Counseling
- Adult autism services
- STEP program
- Employment Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Peace Officer Assessments
- School Monitor Evaluations
- Immigration Psychological Evaluation
- Psychosexual Evaluation
- Pediatric ABA therapy
- Physical Therapy St. Croix
- A wide range of Training offerings
- Physical Therapy St. Thomas provided through a partnership with JS Therapies
- Occupational therapy through a partnership with JS Therapies
- Speech-Language therapy through a partnership with JS Therapies
Our caring Psychological Services providers offer Testing, Individual Therapy, Group Therapy and Counseling. Read More about our Psychological Services.
A psychiatrist is a physician who completed medical school and years of specialty in training in psychiatry. A psychiatrist will diagnose mental illnesses and prescribe medication and/or other treatment options.
Physical therapy focuses on improving strength, balance, coordination, and mobility so children can successfully interact with their environment and play with their peers. PTs work with families to provide support for gross motor development, range of motion, and quality of movement for children who have problems related to injury, disease, or congenital conditions. Read more
Applied Behavior Analysis
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a systematic approach to promote positive behavior change by implementing interventions that emphasize motivation and reinforcement. The focus of this methodology is on building skills and decreasing problematic behavior. ABA uses objective data of observable behavior to create and adapt personalized behavior plans that are tailored to the specific needs of the individual. Click through to learn more about our unique ABA STEP Program for Adults with Autism. Read more
STEP Enrichment Program for Adults with Autism
Adults with autism who participate in STEP, learn and practice the independent living skills and employment skills needed to be successful in their everyday lives. Services focus on social skills, money management, preparing for employment, community interaction/networking and independent living skills. Additionally, one of our programs helps clients prepare for, obtain and maintain suitable employment in meaningful careers. All clients receive an individualized plan based on their unique needs. Read more
Occupational therapy helps children to develop the skills of daily living necessary to function at home, school, and play. It supports their ability to be successful at the “job” of being a kid, which is to play and learn! Occupational therapy may target fine motor development, visual motor skills, oral motor skills/feeding, sensory processing, balance/coordination, and self-care skills.
The focus of pediatric speech-language therapy is to support the development of effective communication skills. Treatment may target articulation, production of sound, oral motor control, language development, cognitive skills, and safe feeding & swallowing.