(340) 719-7007

Frequently Asked Questions

Our practice offers holistic psychological treatment for patients and their families, from infancy through late adulthood. Our occupational, physical, and speech therapy providers specialize in pediatrics, but do accept adult patients on a case-by-case basis.

We are credentialed providers with VI Equicare, and are able to accept most insurance plans, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and United Healthcare. If your insurance is not accepted, we can provide you with a billing statement to submit to your insurance company. At this time, we do not accept M.A.P., but are happy to work with your family on a sliding scale basis. The patient will be responsible for any costs not covered by insurance.

Patients and their families can request services without a referral from a doctor, by calling 340-719-7007 or coming to the office. Some insurance carriers require a doctor’s referral or prescription for therapy services and for evaluations in order for services to be covered. If so, we can contact your family physician to obtain these documents.

Not all pediatricians feel that an evaluation is necessary for certain delays or concerns that parents might have about their child’s development or behavior, and sometimes doctors prefer to wait to refer a child for an evaluation. Children are frequently referred by teachers, childcare providers, or concerned parents.

Some children with significant delays or impairments often require more frequent therapy services than their insurance plan will cover. If you do not have secondary insurance and your child requires therapy services beyond what your primary insurance will cover, our billing coordinator will be happy to work out a payment plan that is appropriate for your family to cover the additional therapy services.

Children who have an IEP in place, to implement special education or speech therapy services, may participate in Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy at school. School-based OT/PT by definition must be “educationally relevant,” meaning that issues addressed in therapy directly impact a child’s participation in school. Families may seek private OT or PT to enhance the services provided at school, or to focus on non-academic parental concerns, such as behavior issues, feeding difficulties, gross motor coordination, or peer play/social skills. Children who do not qualify for educationally-based services may also benefit from private OT or PT.