Topics to be addressed:
- Learning how to reduce anxiety & worry
- Overcoming social anxiety & learning useful social skills
- Developing Positive Coping Skills
- Challenging negative & anxious thoughts
- How to cope with sadness, bullying, and other forms of stress
- Enhancing self-esteem, respect, confidence & trust
- Managing tough emotions
- Managing sleep and eat patterns
- Exercising and being healthy
- Knowing when to ask for help
A child who struggles with Anxiety or “worries too much” can face difficulties in social situations, peer relationships and school performance. Excessive worry can also cause problems with sleeping, separation from parents, eating and withdrawing from activities that they normally enjoy. Kelly Redmon & DeeAnne Davis, Licensed Clinical Social Workers will be offering a 16 week support group for children and their Parents on effectively managing anxiety. Techniques for dealing with anxiety can teach young children how to reduce their anxiety and worry, cope with stress, be comfortable in social settings and improve relationships with others and their quality of life.
Group sessions will begin January 13, 2014 and will be held Thursdays @ 5:30pm at our new Gallows Bay Office.
All prospective clients must schedule an appointment with Ms. Redmon or Ms. Davis for intake session to ensure client is suitable for this group series. Please contact our office at 340-719-7007.
Costs: Most major insurances are accepted. If your insurance is not accepted, we will be happy to provide you with a billing statement that you can submit to your insurance company. The patient will be responsible for any costs not covered by the insurance company.